Thursday, November 13, 2008

Inauguaral Edition: Thoughts and Questions, Nov. 13th

A few thoughts and questions from reading today's DelmarvaNow.com:

*Should I be worried that the top 3 teams at the 25th annual Eastern Shore High School Mathematics Competition on Wednesday were from private schools?

*I know I should probably care about things like codes concerning pets, but I just can't bring the same level of emotion as Donald Singleton, who managed to invoke Godwin's Law in a discussion about dogs.             
     
"The last thing that I need is a group of pet Nazis trying to tell me how to take care of my dogs," said Donald Singleton, a dog owner who spoke during a public hearing in Salisbury attended by about 35 people.

*
Gangs in Crisfield, huh? I don't know about you, but this quote from Crisfield Police Chief Mike Tabor isn't terribly reassuring. "They're calling themselves a gang," Tabor said. "As far as I'm concerned, it's a gang." So if they called themselves the chess team, do we agree, too?

*Not from DelmarvaNow, but just a question - why doesn't the Coastal Association of Realtors post home sales info on their site anymore? They used to list, by county, sales and median sales price. It had YTD comparisons, same month comparisons, the whole nine. It's not there now. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

*And this guy is running for mayor. I'd vote for him if I lived in the city. Which I don't. And of which I remind him every time I see him. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eh, better pets than soup, yes?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soup_Nazi